The Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training is a first stage teaching qualification that will give you a fundamental understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a teacher/trainer in relation to legislation, equality, diversity, inclusivity, and meeting the needs of learners.
This qualification prepares you to teach within a wide range of contexts and provides you with the essential skills on which to build a successful teaching or training career. The course is accredited by Highfield Qualifications, an established Ofqual-regulated Awarding Organisation which assures your qualification is professional and recognised.
Benefits you will gain
- High-quality eLearning study materials and Templates.
- Recommended textbook (via Kindle): The Certificate in Education and Training by Ann Gravells
- Step-by-step guidance.
- 24/7 Access to the Virtual Learning Environment.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform.
- Excellent support with open access to your Tutors, who will call you and explain exactly what you need to do to achieve this qualification.
Highfield Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training (RQF)
This course is delivered online and you can access to the course 24/7. The course covers the following:
- Understanding roles, responsibilities, and relationships in education and training
- Planning to meet the needs of learners in education and training
- Using resources for education and training
- Delivering education and training
- Assessing learners in education and training
- Inclusive practice
The qualification is designed to develop the students’ ability to:
- Identify students’ needs, backgrounds and aspirations
- Define basic principles of teaching and learning in relation to teaching/training
- Demonstrate in their planning, delivery and evaluation, regard for equal opportunities and health and safety legislation
- Develop their skills in devising programmes and schemes of work
- Adopt a systematic approach to planning learning sessions by reference to a variety of methods, and to develop innovation in their teaching/training
- Design, make and use a range of teaching and learning materials, using their own creative and information technology skills
- Develop their key skills
- Apply communication skills in teaching and training
- Design and apply appropriate means of assessing their own learners
Method of Assessment
The qualification will be assessed by a combination of assignments, a portfolio of teaching evidence and observation of teaching or training.
Learners must complete:
- Six written workbooks
- Log 30 hours of teaching
- Three-session observations
- The planning and delivery of sessions totalling 3 hours (30 minutes minimum). These will be observed and assessed by a tutor/assessor (this can be submitted to us as recorded videos)
All assignments are submitted via our Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
Who is this Certificate in Education and Training course for?
This Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training is suitable for those looking for an introduction to teaching or are already in education and looking to gain formal recognition of their skills. So, whether or not you possess little or no teaching experience and may just have a desire to impart knowledge to others, this course suits you since no prior qualifications or experience are necessary.
The qualification is suitable for individuals who:
- are not yet in a teaching role
- are in a teaching role, or who have just started a teaching role
- have the potential to study at this level which has the same level of demand as that of A-levels studies
- want a short qualification
- may have already achieved some learning and development units that can be brought forward into this teaching qualification (known as RQF equivalents)
Total Qualification Time
This is an estimate of the total length of time it is expected that a learner will typically take to achieve and demonstrate the level of attainment necessary for the award of the qualification i.e. to achieve all learning outcomes.
Total Qualification Time is comprised of Guided Learning Hours and an estimate of the number of hours a learner is likely to spend in preparation, study or any other learning including assessment, which takes place as directed by, but not under the supervision of a lecturer, supervisor or tutor. The credit value, where given, for a qualification, is determined by TQT, as one credit corresponds to 10 hours of learning.
Total Qualification Time for this qualification is 360 hours.
Guided Learning Hours
These hours are made up of all real-time contact time, guidance or supervision of a learner by a lecturer, supervisor, tutor, trainer, or another appropriate provider of education or training.
GLH for this qualification is 140.
Required Documents: You will be asked to submit a copy of identification documents such as a passport or driving license.
Suitable for anybody wishing to take the first steps towards a career in teaching or tutoring in the adult sector. This might be in the community or corporate training roles.
This qualification recognises you as a qualified trainer/teacher and leads you to gain a high salary and income as an employee or freelance trainer/teacher.