£504.00 (£420.00 ex VAT)
The objective of this qualification is to prepare learners for employment in a catering role or to support a role in the workplace.
Benefits you will gain:
- High-quality study materials
- Highfield’s comprehensive Food Safety handbook
- Recognised Accredited Qualification
- Study in a friendly environment
- Excellent customer support
- Access to the e-learning course which is CPD accredited.
Highfield Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering
Awarded by Highfield Qualifications
Learners gaining this qualification will know that food safety is the responsibility of everyone involved in the storage, preparation, cooking service and handling of food. Its topics are regarded by the Foods Standards Agency as being important to maintaining good practice in the production of safe food.
What does the Qualification cover?
- the importance of food safety procedures and complying with the law
- microbiological, chemical, physical and allergenic hazards and their control
- good temperature control and stock rotation
- the importance of good personal hygiene and preventing contamination, including handwashing, protective clothing, cuts and reporting illness
- keeping work areas and equipment clean and safe
- safe waste disposal
- pest control
Method of Assessment:
Learners must complete:
This qualification is assessed by a multiple-choice examination, externally set and marked by Highfield Qualifications.
Learners must complete 20 questions within 45 minutes. Successful learners will have to demonstrate knowledge and understanding across the qualification syllabus and achieve a pass mark of 66% (13/20).
This qualification is graded pass/fail.
Who is the Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering for?
This qualification is suitable for those working in a catering environment who are responsible for handling food. It is also the most popular food safety qualification accepted by enforcement officers and auditors.
Total Qualification Time
The total qualification time for this qualification is 7 hours (1-day), all of which are recommended as guided learning hours.
We recommend learners are a minimum of 14 years of age. However, Centres will need to assure themselves that learners, whatever their age, are physically capable of completing the practical assessment.
It is also advised that learners have a minimum of Level 1 in English.
On successful completion of this qualification, learners may wish to continue their development by undertaking one of the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Award in Food Safety for Catering
- Level 3 food and drink qualifications
- Hospitality competency-based qualifications