The objective of this qualification is to support a role in the workplace. It is designed for learners wishing to apply for a licence from the Security Industry Authority (SIA) to work as a CCTV operator and is based on the relevant SIA specification for learning and qualifications.
Benefits you will gain:
- High-quality study materials
- Highfield’s comprehensive CCTV Operators book
- Recognised Accredited Qualification
- Study in a friendly environment
- Excellent customer support
- SIA Licence to work as a CCTV Operative
Highfield Level 2 Award for CCTV Operators (Public Space Surveillance) in the
Private Security Industry
Awarded by Highfield Qualifications
To complete this qualification learners are expected to undertake approximately 22 hours of learning. The SIA stipulates a minimum of (3-days) if self-study is undertaken.
What does the Qualification cover?
- Working in the Private Security Industry
- Working as a CCTV Operator
- Practical use of CCTV Systems
Method of Assessment:
Learners must complete:
- Practical observation: the functional assessment is completed throughout the course delivery. Practical assessment requires learners to demonstrate the completion of an evidential statement alongside an internally assessed realistic CCTV scenario with portfolio and observation sheet within the Assessment Pack.
- Externally set and marked multiple-choice theory assessment: learners must answer a series of questions within theory question papers covering each of the disciplines. Axiom Dynamics provides access to e-assessment, therefore providing the learner with the opportunity to get their results on the day, which helps speed up your licence application.
Who is the Level 2 CCTV Operators (Public Space Surveillance) for?
Due to the increase in CCTV cameras’ use, there are many employment opportunities once you have a CCTV licence, making the CCTV Operative Training course the perfect course to advance your Private Security Industry career.
The licence is issued by the Security Industry Authority (SIA) and is valid for three years. The CCTV Operative course is an excellent way to progress your career within the security sector with a range of employment opportunities, ranging from:
- ARC Operator
- Area Relief Security Officer
- Close Protection Officer
- Control Room Operator
- Corporate Security Officer
- Distribution Security Officer
- Front of House Officer
- key Response Officer
This qualification is approved for delivery to learners aged 16 and over. However, training centres must make it clear to those learners aged 16-17 that an SIA licence cannot be applied for until the age of 18.
Security operatives are likely in the course of their work to be required to make calls to the emergency services, or for example communicate to resolve conflict. It is essential that security operatives can communicate effectively.
It is the centre’s responsibility to ensure that each learner is sufficiently competent in the use of the English and/or Welsh language. All assessment must be conducted in the medium of English and/or Welsh as appropriate.
Learners should, as a minimum, have language skills in reading, writing, speaking, and listening.
Training centres must ensure that all learners have sufficient reading, writing, speaking and listening language skills before putting the learners forward for training and assessment.
It is the responsibility of each centre to have systems in place to ensure that the person taking licence-linked qualifications is indeed the person they are purporting to be.
All centres are therefore required to ensure that each learner’s photograph and formal
identification documents are checked and recorded before they are allowed to sit the
A list of current documentation that is accepted by the SIA as proof of identification is available on the SIA website.
Further learning routes could include:
- Level 2 Award for Security Officers in the Private Security Industry
- Level 2 Award for Door Supervisors in the Private Security Industry
- Level 3 Certificate for Working as a Close Protection Operative within the Private
- Level 3 Award in the Delivery of Conflict Management Training
- Level 3 Award for Physical Intervention Trainers in the Private Security Industry
For those interested in becoming a training centre, we provide support and consultancy packages; give us a call.