£750.00 (£625.00 ex VAT)
The objective of this qualification is to prepare learners for employment or to support a current position within a low-risk role, where there is an element of food handling. This could include bar workers, waiting staff, health care workers, kitchen porters and stock/store room staff.
Benefits you will gain:
- High-quality study materials
- Highfield’s comprehensive Food Safety handbook
- Recognised Accredited Qualification
- Study in a friendly environment
- Excellent customer support
- Access to the e-learning course which is CPD accredited.
Highfield Level 1 Award in Food Safety in Catering
Awarded by Highfield Qualifications
Learners gaining this qualification will know that food safety is the responsibility of everyone involved in the storage, preparation, processing, packing and handling of food. Its topics are regarded by the Foods Standards Agency as being important to maintaining good practice in the production of safe food.
What does the Qualification cover?
- Understand personal responsibilities for food safety in a catering environment
- Understand the importance of personal hygiene in a catering environment
- Understand the importance of keeping work areas clean and hygienic in a catering environment
- Understand how to keep food safe in a catering environment
Method of Assessment:
Learners must complete:
This qualification is assessed by multiple-choice examination, externally set and marked by Highfield Qualifications.
Learners must complete 15 questions within 30 minutes. Successful learners will have to demonstrate knowledge and understanding across the qualification syllabus and achieve a pass mark of 60% (9/15). Completed examination papers should be returned to Highfield for marking and results will then be supplied to the centre afterwards.
This qualification is graded pass/fail.
Who is the Level 1 Award in Food Safety in Catering for?
This qualification aims to prepare learners for employment or to support a current position within a low-risk role, where there is an element of food handling. This could include bar workers, waiting staff, health care workers, kitchen porters and stock/store room staff.
Total Qualification Time
The total qualification time for this qualification is 4 hours, of which all are recommended as guided learning hours.
We recommend learners are a minimum of 14 years of age. However, Centres will need to assure themselves that learners, whatever their age, are physically capable of completing the practical assessment.
It is also advised that learners have a minimum of Level 1 in English.
On successful completion of this qualification, learners may wish to continue their development by undertaking one of the following qualifications:
- Highfield Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering (RQF)
- Hospitality competency-based qualifications