£72.00 (£60.00 ex VAT)
The objective of this qualification is to support learners in becoming emergency first aiders in the workplace.
The content of the qualification meets the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) requirements for training emergency first-aiders in those organisations that have identified that staff need to be trained to this level within their first-aid needs assessment.
The qualification covers knowledge, such as the first aider’s roles and responsibilities and how to assess an incident.
The qualification also covers first aid skills in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and use of an automated external defibrillator (AED), providing first aid to a casualty who is choking and dealing with external bleeding and hypovolaemic shock.
In line with the guidance provided by the HSE, the qualification supports/approves workplace emergency first aiders for a period of 3 years, after which point learners will need to retake the course.
In addition to this, it is recommended that learners refresh their knowledge annually.
Benefits you will gain:
- High-quality study materials
- Highfield’s comprehensive Emergency First Aid at Work manual
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Study in a friendly environment
- Excellent customer support
- Access to the e-learning course, which can replace 2 hours of the 1-day emergency first aid at work if required
Highfield Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (RQF)
Awarded by Highfield Qualifications
This qualification is specifically for those individuals who are to become an emergency
first-aider in the workplace. This one-day qualification meets the requirements of both the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 and the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1982.
What does the Qualification cover?
- the roles and responsibilities of a first-aider
- assessing an emergency safely
- CPR and AED
- administering first aid to a choking casualty
- dealing with shock, burns, scalds, bleeds and minor injuries
Method of Assessment:
Learners must complete:
- This qualification is assessed by a practical demonstration and a multiple-choice theory test.
Who is Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work Course for?
This is the most common workplace first aid course in the country, which covers all of the major life-threatening scenarios. Low-risk industries should enrol where you are responsible for less than 100 people. Here are a few examples:
Total Qualification Time
The total qualification time (TQT) for this qualification is 7 hours, and of this, 6 are guided learning hours. This aligns with the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) stipulated minimum contact hours for this qualification, excluding breaks, that should be for a minimum period of 6 hours over 1 day.
We recommend learners are a minimum of 14 years of age. However, Centres will need to assure themselves that learners, whatever their age, are physically capable of completing the practical assessment.
It is also advised that learners have a minimum of Level 1 in English.
On successful completion of this qualification, learners may wish to continue their development by undertaking one of the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work
- Level 3 Award in First Aid Response
- Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid