Download your free guide
If you want to work within the teaching or training professions or are considering a move to this arena but require the formal initial training necessary to teach in the Further Education and Skills Sector. Then this Level 3 Award in Education and Training is ideal.
This introductory qualification prepares you to teach within a wide range of contexts and provides you with the essential skills on which to build a successful teaching or training career. The course is accredited by Highfield Qualifications, an established Ofqual-regulated Awarding Organisation which assures your qualification is professional and recognised.
Benefits you will gain
- High-quality e-learning study materials.
- Recommended textbook (PDF): The Award in Education and Training by A. Gravells.
- Step-by-step tutorial videos.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform.
- Excellent customer support.
Highfield Level 3 Award in Education and Training
This course is delivered online and you can access to the course 24/7. The course covers the following units
- Unit A: Understanding roles and responsibilities in education and training, including inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training.
- Unit B: Facilitate learning and development for individuals and groups.
- Unit C: Understanding assessment in education and training, including principles and practices of assessment.
The award is designed to develop the students’ ability to:
- Identify students’ needs, backgrounds and aspirations
- Define basic principles of teaching and learning in relation to teaching/training
- Demonstrate in their planning, delivery and evaluation a regard for equal opportunities and health and safety legislation
- Develop their skills in devising programmes and schemes of work
- Adopt a systematic approach to planning learning sessions by reference to a variety of methods, and to develop innovation in their teaching/training
- Design, make and use a range of teaching and learning materials, using their own creative and information technology skills
- Develop their key skills
- Apply communication skills in teaching and training
- Design and apply appropriate means of assessing their own learners
Method of Assessment
Learners must complete:
- 3x written assignments/workbooks (One per Unit)
- 1x micro-teaching session (which can be submitted as a recorded video)
- 3x peer reviews
- 1x Self evaluation
All assignments are submitted via the online Learning Management System.
Who is this Award in Education and Training for?
This Level 3 Award in Education and Training is suitable for those looking for an introduction to teaching or are already in education and looking to gain formal recognition of their skills. So, whether or not you possess little or no teaching experience and may just have a desire to impart knowledge to others, this course suits you since no prior qualifications or experience are necessary.
The qualification is suitable for individuals who:
- are not yet in a teaching role
- are in a teaching role, or who have just started a teaching role
- have the potential to study at this level which has the same level of demand as that of A-levels studies
- want a short qualification
- want a qualification without a minimum teaching practise requirement
- may have already achieved some learning and development units that can be brought forward into this teaching qualification (known as RQF equivalents)
The duration of your course is entirely down to you as it is self paced. Generally, you would comfortably complete this course over 1 month.
- You will be asked to submit a copy of identification documents such as a passport or driving license.
If you are looking for further help and support in deciding whether this course is for you, not only can you contact us directly, but you can also join our Facebook group here