£234.00 (£195.00 ex VAT)
Benefits you will gain:
- High-quality study materials
- Highfield’s comprehensive Door Supervisors book
- Highfield’s comprehensive Emergency First Aid at Work manual
- Recognised Accredited Qualification
- Study in a friendly environment
- Excellent customer support
- Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) certificate
It will take two days to complete the Door Supervisor Top-Up Training course with an additional day for first aid training. (3 Days Total)
What does the Qualification cover?
- the importance of safe working practices
- drug-misuse legislation
- issues and procedures relevant to the role of a Door Supervisor
- licensing law
- queue management
- how to recognise, assess and reduce risk in conflict situations
- problem-solving techniques when resolving conflict
- physical intervention and the implications of their use of non-aggressive physical skills to protect yourself and others
- the roles and responsibilities of a first-aider
- assessing an emergency safely
- CPR and AED
- administering first aid to a choking casualty
- dealing with shock, burns, scalds, bleeds and minor injuries
Method of Assessment:
Learners must complete:
- Practical observation: the practical assessment is completed throughout the course delivery. This ongoing practical assessment requires learners to demonstrate the use of communication devices. The learner is also practically assessed on the application of physical intervention techniques. The practical assessment will be recorded in line with the new requirements using the practical matrix within the Assessment Pack.
- Externally set and marked multiple-choice theory assessment: learners are required to answer a series of questions contained within theory question papers covering each of the disciplines. Axiom Dynamics provide access to e-assessment, therefore, providing the learner with the opportunity to get their results on the day, this assists in speeding up your licence application.
Who is the Door Supervisors Top Up training for?
This course is designed for learners who currently hold a licence from the Security Industry Authority (SIA) to work as a door supervisor and need to be brought up to date with the new licence-linked qualifications requirements. With the SIA Door Supervisors Licence individuals can work in:
- Office buildings
Door Supervisors and Security Guards
We often get asked about the difference between a Door Supervisor Licence and Security Guard Licence. Door Supervisor Licence allows you to work as a Door Supervisor and a Security Guard vs Security Guard Licence, which only permits you to work in a Manned Guarding role.
Most employers from experience prefer the Door Supervisors Licence over the Security Guard Licence.
Security operatives are likely in the course of their work to be required to make calls to the emergency services, or for example communicate to resolve conflict. It is essential that security operatives can communicate effectively.
Therefore You will need to be sufficiently competent in the use of the English and/or Welsh language. All assessment must be conducted in English and/or Welsh as appropriate.
As a minimum, you should have language skills in reading, writing, speaking, and listening.
To register for this qualification, you must be aged 18 and over and hold an SIA Door Supervisor Licence.
Further learning routes could include:
- Level 2 Award for Security Officers in the Private Security Industry
- Level 2 Award for CCTV Operators (Public Space Surveillance) in the Private Security Industry
- Level 3 Certificate for Working as a Close Protection Operative within the Private
- Level 3 Award in the Delivery of Conflict Management Training
- Level 3 Award for Physical Intervention Trainers in the Private Security Industry
For those interested in becoming a training centre, we provide support and consultancy packages; give us a call.