Qualification overview and objective
The Level 3 Award in Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment qualification is suitable for learners who wish to develop their knowledge and understanding of the role of an assessor and the assessment process. The qualification does not qualify someone to undertake the full assessor role.
Who is this qualification for?
This qualification is intended for those who wish to gain an understanding of the principles and practices of assessment without any requirement to practice as assessors.
How long will it take?
The total qualification time for this qualification is 30 hours and of this 24 hours are recommended as guided learning hours.
These include understanding the principles and practices of assessment.
This qualification is assessed by a portfolio of evidence.
Benefits you will gain:
- High-quality eLearning study materials and Templates.
- Recommended textbooks (via Kindle): Principles and Practices of Assessment by Ann Gravells.
- Step-by-step guidance.
- 24/7 Access to the Virtual Learning Environment.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform.
- Excellent support with open access to your Tutors, who will call you and explain exactly what you need to do to achieve this qualification.
Who is this Award in Understanding the Principles & Practices of Assessment (UPPA) course for?
This course is for anyone looking to become a qualified assessor. You could be looking to work as an: Electrical Engineering Assessor, Early Years Assessor, Business Admin Assessor, an Equine Assessor or any other vocational assessor. Other sectors include:
- First aid
- Health and safety
Why not get this course done and get an understanding of assessment processes and practices, if your working in one of the above sectors and are looking to move across into an assessing role this is your starting point. Should you find that you enjoyed the unit, we can guide you along your pathway to completing the full CAVA qualification enabling you to assess in both the workplace and in a vocational setting.
Why not check out our courses or get in touch to discuss your options.