Assessor qualification enables you to assess courses such as:
Level 2 Award in Employment Responsibilities and Rights in Health, Social Care or Children and Young People’s Settings
Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young People’s Workforce
Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare
This qualification is aimed at individuals who wish to become residential childcare workers, working within children and young people’s residential childcare services. It forms the Knowledge and competence element of the Advanced Apprenticeship for the Children and Young people’s Workforce, Residential Childcare pathway.
Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare
This qualification is aimed at individuals who are for managers of residential childcare settings.
The Skills for Care and Development assessment strategy states that assessment decisions for competence and knowledge-based learning outcomes must be:
- Made by occupationally knowledgeable assessors.
- Made by occupationally competent assessors.
- Made by an assessor qualified to make assessment decisions, holding an assessor qualification such as:
- Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment.
- Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement.
- A1 Assess Learner performance Using a Range of Methods
- D32 Assess Learner Performance and D33 Assess Learner Using Different Sources of Evidence; and
- Made by assessors that are occupationally competent in the units they are assessing. Assessors should also be able to demonstrate relevant experience and knowledge in a work context and provide evidence of engagement with the subject field and continuing professional development.
Childcare assessor jobs are widely advertised. It is possible to earn upwards of £2000 per month, through both self-employment, and within full-time contracts.
Becoming a qualified assessor couldn’t be easier with our straightforward format. The course can be done online with the flexibility to arrange tutor visits to complete observations or it can be completed at one of our training locations.
The entire theoretical unit is completed in two days, which leaves no assignments writing to do once you leave.
Guidance is given on how to create a portfolio of evidence-based on two learners within children and young person’s setting. Candidates then go away and fill out the templates contained with our portfolio in preparation for a visit from your tutor.
The observational visit is the final piece. One of the Axiom Dynamic team will come and visit you in your own workplace and observe you carrying out an assessment on your learners. This proves your competence in the field and leads to the award of a nationally accredited assessing qualification.
Generally, prospective employers will ask for this qualification alongside experience working within children and young person’s setting.
There are approximately 2.7 million people working with children and young people. The children and young people’s workforce makeup approximately 10% of the labour market and include people working in all sectors of the economy. It is vital that this workforce is able to demonstrate the right qualities and gain the appropriate qualifications to support children and young people in gaining the best start in life and provide them with a safe and secure environment.
Get in touch today or review our assessing qualifications to see how we can help.