The Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment (ACWE) is intended for assessors who assess occupational competence in an individual’s work environment.
Benefits you will gain:
- High-quality eLearning study materials and Templates.
- Recommended textbooks (via Kindle): Principles and Practices of Assessment and Achieving your Assessment and Quality Assurance Units by Ann Gravells.
- Step-by-step guidance.
- 24/7 Access to the Virtual Learning Environment.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform.
- Excellent support with open access to your Tutors, who will call you and explain exactly what you need to do to achieve this qualification.
This course is delivered online and you can access the course 24/7
Method of Assessment:
Unit 1 is entirely knowledge-based and is assessed by the completion of a workbook. This unit covers all of the underpinning theory behind the role and responsibilities of an assessor.
Method of Assessment:
Unit 2 assessors assess occupational competence in an individual’s work environment. It includes the following assessment methods (although not all of these require performance evidence):
- observation of performance in the work environment
- use of others (witness testimony)
- examining products of work
- questioning the learner
- discussing with the learner
- looking at learner statements
- recognising prior learning.
Who is this Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment course for?
This course is for anyone looking to become a qualified assessor. You could be looking to work as an: Electrical Engineering Assessor, Early Years Assessor, Business Admin Assessor, an Equine Assessor or any other vocational assessor. Other sectors include:
- First aid
- Health and safety
The duration of your course is entirely down to you. However, based on 4 – 5 hours of study per week, your course duration would be approximately 1 month.
On successful completion of this course, the learner will achieve a UK recognised, fully accredited qualification/certificate – Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment (ACWE)